Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Muppet party

 Here is the fun decor for the Muppet Party!!!!
Balloons add to make any party more fun. We chose red, black, and silver as the main colors to give it a Hollywood movie feel.If you notice in the background you can see Muppet parody movie posters I found.

 This is my Bert game, I know it's not a Muppet, but I couldn't think of how to do some of the others. I made Puzzle pieces and hid them around the house. The kids had to find the missing pieces. and put them on Bert. It went really well. This project was maybe $2.50 for some butcher paper and poster board. I used crayons to color the pieces. It was super fun!!!
 Don't laugh, this was my first cake ever!!! I think it turned out alright. I didn't want to buy Fondant, as it is super expensive for my budget. So I used Airheads it was my leftover Halloween candy. It was hard to roll out, even after I warmed it up a little. I did stick the candy in the freezer so it would hold it's shape a little better. I didn't have a circle cookie cutter, so I used a water bottle lid, and a lid to a jar of spaghetti. To get the silver which looks gray in the picture, I used some black food coloring and then took silver spray to try and get it more shimmery. All in all I think it worked out, and my son LOVED it and that is all that matters.
 Close up of Animal on drum set.
 The ceiling was red and black stars that I cut out by hand, because I do not have a cricut machine. I got the silver by buying 1 bag of silver basket grass at the dollar store, and pulling out the strands to make it look like shooting star tails. $1.07 for wall and ceiling decor.
 This is my Kermit the frog felt game. You take ping pong balls that I covered black with a Sharpie, (you could use black spray paint. it would be easier) You always think of these things in the after math. I bought black Velcro  and stuck to the ping pong balls. I also used craft glue to put it together. The object of the game was to get the eyes on the Muppet so to speak. It was around $7.50 to make. I used 50% off coupons and used what I had around the house. Like ping pong balls.

 One of the rooms, and my cute son before the party.
 This is stuff my husband had, or that I found at a second hand store. I stuck it on top of our T.V.
 Here is the puppet show I made. I used bed sheets to make the ruffled top,and the curtains out of our bedroom. I used bar stools and a black sheet to make the stage. I used all the puppets we had on hand for the kids. They loved it. Cost free.
My son giving you a show.
 My brother in law had a game cube with the Muppet party cruise video game. So I took a smaller T.V. to use and made a gaming section for the guys, who get bored during a party, cost free
My signs were just painted paper with kids glue and silver glitter. Use what you have on hand is my motto. I hope this helps some of you guys with trying to find out how to make a party for cheap, and incorporating the Muppet's into it. For the food we decided to do  pizza, nice and easy. I didn't take pictures of everything such as my Party Favors, and invites, but I will see what I can do. Bye for now

3 comments:

  1. You are my hero!
    Sincerely,
    VTer Kristen
    PS- I found you via Pinterest. Mmmwwwwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your way to kind. Now I might actually need to start blogging again, and post stuff. Thanks for the warm fuzzies, and yes I like to party:)

      Delete
  2. Amazing arrangements! It looks like an event venue Atlanta more than a house. My daughter’s birthday was celebrated there. It’s wonderful how the decoration has been done and I think I am going to save this idea for my daughter’s birthday next year. Also, the cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete